FOR YOUR JOINTS
What does the carpenter want from a screw?
That was the basic question our product developers asked when driving around to construction sites speaking to professionals about screws.
The conclusions were the following:
• A quick start that allows the screw to attach to the wood in the shortest possible time, thereby reducing the strain on the body in awkward positions
• High clamping force, the screw should hold the board against the joist. And a nice finish – that is, no splinters around the screw head – were also high on the wish list.
67% LESS COMPRESSIVE FORCE!
We gathered screws from our biggest competitors in all the countries where ESSVE is active. In total, 54 different brands were examined in a one-of-a-kind measuring robot specially designed by ESSVE to measure exactly what professional users are looking for. Based on test data from 1.6 million screws, we managed to create a new type of wood screw that is a revolution in gentleness towards the human body. The compressive force for ESSDRIVE is 67% less than for a standard screw!
IN THE GENES
The tip of ESSDRIVE is patented
Thanks to the design of the tip and thread, maximum starting power is achieved at minimal pressure, which makes the screw feel extremely fast-starting, as if it is being quickly grabbed and sucked into the wood. Even after half a turn, ESSDRIVE reaches the thread, so that the screw can catch quickly. The benefits are especially noticeable in uncomfortable working positions (over shoulder height and below knee height) where it is more difficult to put pressure on the screwdriver. Longer screws also have a cutter to ensure that the last bit does not get sluggish.
Even the shape of the head has been redesigned. Using grooves below the head, the fibres are cut instead of being broken and pressed down, giving a good-looking result without cracking or splintering
FAST FACTS ABOUT ESSDRIVE
• 1 kg pressure needed compared to 3 kg in standard screw. If you drive 500 screws per day, the difference is 1 ton!
• Strong pulling force – almost pulls itself in. You will notice the difference.
• Significantly reduced risk of work and fatigue-related injuries.
• Especially good in difficult positions where your joints are really taking a beating.
"As a manager, I want to spare the shoulders and joints of my builders"
Sofia Bjerling, team leader Skanska Sweden AB.
"This will be great in difficult positions where my joints
are taking a beating"
Mikael Culhed, Mila Bygg